Sunday, August 22, 2010

Black-Eyed Kids in Ohio

Author’s note: This is a story about a man’s encounter with Black-Eyed Kids. “Noetic” is not his name; he asked for anonymity.

Although Noetic saw the teens as he stepped outside the Ohio data center where he worked, he wasn’t ready for what happened.

“It freaked me out,” Noetic said.

Noetic works as the weekend computer engineer from 11:30 p.m. to noon. While he works, he’s in the building alone, but has never felt uncomfortable until the weekend of July 31, 2010.

“Our building is pretty secure,” he said. “I have a camera display of our parking lot, both front and back, as well as the front doors and back which is all displayed on one of my monitors.”

However, he was outside when he saw the teens.

“There is a bar and a small plaza directly to the right of our building, and a small apartment complex across the street,” he said. “So it is not out of character to see someone walking through our lot going to the bar, or crossing the street to get to the apartments.”

But it was 5 a.m. As he stood outside the building and lit a cigarette, the smoke curling into the morning sky, he saw two teens around 14 to 16 years old standing in the parking lot of the plaza; the boys immediately frightened him.

“I had a bit of a unnerving feeling from them because from the moment I walked out from of the building all they appeared to do was stare me down,” he said. “I am sure this is a bit normal, five in the morning and a guy suddenly coming out of a quiet, empty building, perhaps I scared them a bit.”

Noetic stood at the door, smoking his cigarette, birds beginning to sing as the light of dawn grew around him.

“I smoked my cigarette while keeping a eye on them,” Noetic said. “I finished up and went back into the (building).”

Ten minutes later the intercom buzzed.

“I look over to the monitor and it's these two kids,” he said.

Noetic hit the intercom button and asked them what they wanted. One of the boys looked into the camera and beaconed Noetic to come to the front door.

“I hit the talk button and tell them I am busy I don't have time for games, they need to leave the property,” Noetic said. “Instead they just sort of hang on right in front of the door.”

Noetic tries to ignore the boys staring at him from the TV monitor, but he can’t. He goes to the lobby and looked at the boys through the front glass; the type of glass where people in the lobby can see out, but people outside can’t see in.

The boys were dressed like normal teens; shorts, dark hoodies, and tennis shoes.

“The one thing that set these kids apart from other kids, they had deep, completely black eyes,” he said. “This really set me back. I felt like as if they actually were able to see me.”

Noetic pushed open the lobby door, ready to tell the boys to leave or he would call the police. He never got the chance.

“One kid looked at me and said almost instantly, ‘That will not be necessary sir, we simply need to use your phone, can you let us in?’” Noetic said. “I do not let anyone in.”

When Noetic told the black-eyed teens to leave, they didn’t behave like normal teens.

“The one talking to me didn't like that one bit and went on to tell me, ‘No, you’re going to invite us in,’” Noetic said. “By this time, the other kid is just giving me this weird twisted little grin. Something was off. I almost instantly felt this. ‘Threatened’ is the best word I can use.”

The black-eyed teens stood their ground, waiting for Noetic to invite them in.

“I have never been at a loss for words, but at this point I actually was maybe even a bit taken by the kid’s bluntness,” he said.

Noetic again tells the boys he will call the police, pulls his cell phone from his pocket and closes the lobby door. He walks back to his desk and watches them on the monitors.

“The one ended up going to the back door and just stood there staring at the camera in the back while the other, who was talking to me, stared at the camera in the front,” Noetic said.

By this time it’s near 6 a.m. Noetic hit the intercom button and told them the police are on their way.

“He just smiles and tells me, ‘I need to use the phone, let us in,’” Noetic said.

Then the boys moved. They met behind the building and stepped into a blind spot in the security system, a spot from which there is no exit. They had disappeared from Noetic’s monitor.

“If you go in this blind spot, there is nowhere to go. You have to end up back on camera again,” Noetic said. “If they would have jumped the fence, I would have seen them on camera. I saw nothing.”

Noetic didn’t move from that spot until the police arrived. He sent the officers around to the blind spot, but the boys were gone.

“The few things that still stand out in my mind is those freaking eyes, how he talked and carried himself as well as just that weird, weird feeling,” Noetic said. “I best quoted from the movie The Crow, at the time talking to that kid, ‘I felt like a little worm on a big (expletive) hook.’”

Copyright 2010 by Jason Offutt

Got a scary story? Ever played with a Ouija board, heard voices, seen a ghost, UFO or a creature you couldn’t identify? Let Jason know about it: Jason Offutt, P.O. Box 501, Maryville, Mo., 64468, or jasonoffutt@hotmail.com. Your story might make an upcoming installment of “From the Shadows.”

Jason’s newest book on the paranormal, “What Lurks Beyond: The Paranormal in Your Backyard,” is available at Jason’s blog, from-the-shadows.blogspot.com.

16 comments:

peet said...

is there video of the kids?

P.

Some Guy on the Innernets said...

Interesting story. Creepy too.

So I would assume the surveillance system has some sort of recording capacity. That would be some interesting video, even if the eyes were not clearly visible. The behavior, especially the staring into the cameras, would be enough to make it worth a look.

Unknown said...

I agree Dandy, I would love to see the video.

On a different note, what is it with these Black-Eyed Kids always needing to use the phone? I thought all teenagers came equipped with cell phones, but apparently not the demonic variety...or whatever they are.

Unknown said...

Finally, a story with some actual evidence, or so it would seem.

Where is the video? I am so tired of so-called evidence that ends up being yet another blurry, distant light.

Harlow Darling said...

I am interested in peoples theories on what these beings are; do you think they are extra terrestrial beings or demons of some sort?
I would love if someone responded...

merricat said...

Woke up to find a text message from a friend that lead me to this blog. We both knew Brian Bethel at the time, maybe eleven years ago now, and have harbored a long held fixation with BEKs ever since. Needless to say, I am happy/disturbed to see more stories popping up about them.

Just like Harlow Darling, I am most interested in what theories are out there about the BEKs. I've been a paranormal investigator/researcher for the past seven years and every time I bring them up to colleagues, its the first time they've heard the stories.

merricat said...

Woke up to find a text message from a friend that lead me to this blog. We both knew Brian Bethel at the time, maybe eleven years ago now, and have harbored a long held fixation with BEKs ever since. Needless to say, I am happy/disturbed to see more stories popping up about them.

Just like Harlow Darling, I am most interested in what theories are out there about the BEKs. I've been a paranormal investigator/researcher for the past seven years and every time I bring them up to colleagues, its the first time they've heard the stories.

SabrebIade said...

It does seem like more and more of these stories are popping up.
A lot of them I think I read here, or was led to them by links I found here.
And they seem to always have the "must be invited in" thing.

Miss KnowaLot said...

Where is the video?

The GhostWolfer said...

something i noticed on another page that talked about BEKs was they were "olive skinned"

I am not to worldly so this may just be a normal phrase to describe a particular skin tone, but that same thing is used to describe the "men in black" type encounters. I also read on another one that the faces were slightly blurred, which if i remember correctly was another MIB feature...

might be nothing, but might also be a connection. just wanted to throw in my two cents as far as that was concerned.

William said...

I believe that BEK's are real but I don't think this story is real. Mainly just the way he describes the incident with the BEK's, I mean, no one is every THAT specific in an interview unless their lieing.

jarnsaxa2 said...

Isn't it vampiric lore that they cannot come into your home unless you invite/let them in?

Anonymous said...

Where is the evidence? This story should have yielded some videos. It is interesting, and very well told. A perfect campfire story, but the fact that this video should yield evidence and does not throws the story's validity into question.

Neon Legion said...

This is Aniridia, a rare genetic eye disease, which often comes with mental retardation and liver dysfunction, hence the strange behaviour and the olive colored skin.
Look at the photos of the child at the bottom of this page:

http://www.cyberounds.com/cmecontent/art269.html?pf=yes

Tim Whitcher said...

I would love to post this account on my blog. Would there be a possibility I could do so? I'd give copyright credit and a link back to the source, of course.

Thanks! Tim

Jason Offutt said...

Tim,
Just contact me at jasonoffutt@hotmail.com.