Monday, November 08, 2010

Black-Eyed Woman in Australia

New faces at the disability health care center where Janita works in Melbourne, Australia, aren’t uncommon.

“We have lots of part-time workers and casual workers. Every day of the week there is different people helping us,” she said.

But one day in October 2010 a woman came to work with Janita – a woman who terrified her.

“This day was very busy,” Janita said. “We had a new worker with us. She was a female from Sydney. Petite blonde, long-haired lady, green eyes.”

The new co-worker, Sophie, “seemed nice,” but something about her struck Janita as odd.

“For some reason I didn’t feel comfortable being around her,” Janita said.

During Sophie’s first day on the job, Janita was assisting a disabled child in a wheelchair when she needed help.

“My manager asked me to get Sophie,” Janita said.

Someone had last seen Sophie in the break room, but when Janita walked in, the room was empty.

“She had just disappeared from the lounge room,” she said. “My manager went into the other rooms to find her and I went towards the bathrooms.”

Janita made her way to the back of the building to the bathrooms and found Sophie. She wished she hadn’t.


“I will never forget what I saw,” Janita said. “She was standing in the middle of the bathroom. She turned around and looked at me with huge black eyes.”

There were no irises in Sophie’s eyes and no whites – just black voids that burned themselves into Janita’s memory.

“She was staring at me,” Janita said. “It felt like she had no soul. It felt evil.”

Janita shot out of the bathroom and ran toward a room she knew would have people – the kitchen. Her manager was there.

“My manager just looked at me,” Janita said. “Then Sophie appears from the back room towards the kitchen like nothing happened. Her eyes were back to green.”

But Janita knew what she saw, and she knew the evil she felt radiating from that woman.

“I didn’t want to be around her,” Janita said. “I had to leave work that day. I told my manager I would be taking a couple of days off.”

When Janita returned to work days later, Sophie had returned to Sydney (598 miles) – but Janita couldn’t dismiss her fear.

“I found out that Sophie kept asking my manager about me,” she said. “It was scary. I never want to see her again.”

Sophie also chilled one of Janita’s co-workers, Emma. Emma said she didn’t feel at ease around Sophie either and suspected something sinister about the woman.

“She felt uncomfortable being around her, too,” Janita said. “When I told Emma what I saw she said, ‘I believe you. But keep away, she might be a lizzie.’”

This comment confused Janita.

“I said, ‘what do you mean?’” Janita said. “That’s when Emma said, ‘You know, reptilians. They’re supposed to run the world and have invaded this planet and they can shape-shift into anything. They’re evil.”

Conspiracy theorists, such as author David Icke, claim all the world governments and major financial institutions are secretly controlled by a race of reptilian extraterrestrials that can appear human.

“After she said that to me, I started reading about it,” Janita said. “It has actually scared me and I don’t want to look into people’s eyes anymore. I try and avoid the eyes.”

Copyright 2010 by Jason Offutt

Got a scary story? Ever played with a Ouija board, heard voices, seen a ghost, UFO or a creature you couldn’t identify? Let Jason know about it: Jason Offutt, P.O. Box 501, Maryville, Mo., 64468, or jasonoffutt@hotmail.com. Your story might make an upcoming installment of “From the Shadows.”

Jason’s newest book on the paranormal, “What Lurks Beyond: The Paranormal in Your Backyard,” is available at Jason’s blog, from-the-shadows.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Roberto Sanchez said...

I love reading about black-eyed people. I can't wait to see what you have in store for the next installment in this series.